CONSTITUTION (SIXTY-THIRD AMENDMENT) ACT, 1989
Statement of Objects and Reasons
appended to the Constitution
STATEMENT OF OBJECTS AND REASONS
(Fifty-ninth Amendment) Act, 1988 was passed in
2. On reconsideration, the Government
is of the view that there is no
3. As regards
President's Proclamation issued on 11-5-1987 under
4. The Bill seeks to achieve the above
NEW DELHI; MUFTI MOHAMMED SAYEED.
The 28th December, 1989.
[6th January, 1990.]
An Act further to amend the Constitution of India.
BE it enacted by Parliament in
the Fortieth Year of the Republic of
1. Short title and
commencement.-(1) This Act may be called the
(2) It shall come into force with immediate effect.
2. Amendment of article 356.-In
article 356 of the Constitution, in
3. Omission of article 359A.-
Article 359A of the Constitution shall